torsdag 10 december 2009

Grossmith - Shem El Nessim


Finally! Yes, finally I´ve got to write about my big favourite among the Grossmith fragrances, Shem-El-Nessim.


The Nobel festivities is over for this time, appearantly the world was more excited about the Norwegian ceremony since Barack Obama got the Nobel Peace Price. But, anyway, the Swedish royalties was much better dressed than the Norwegian royalties.


In the pic above i think our Crown princess Victoria looks great, and to that outfit Shem-El-Nessim from Grossmith would wear perfectly. Overall I think that Shem-El-Nessim would do great on the Crown Princess, but until she realises that I can have until then.


Shem-El-Nessim is exactly my kind of scent. And I want more of it! It starts with a blast of slightly bitter citrus and loud flowers, to start with it is like a small explosion. Soon it lay to rest on my skin, if Hasu-No-Hana and Phul-Nana sparkles and shines, Shem-El-Nessim more of melts in to my skin in a wonderful way.


It´s the most discrete of them, but still, in long run, the one that manage to make the strongest impression. Don´t get me wrong, non of Grossmith fragrances are discrete. Compared to much else Shem-El-Nessim is a HUGE floral, but in comparision to her "sisters" the softest.


Originally created in 1906, about 7-8 years before my grand mothers was born, I belive they would have loved Shem-El-Nessim and still, I don´t think of it as dated at all. There is a youthful, happy touch in Shem-El-Nessim. It´s kind of light-hearted.


Pretty soon, Shem-El-Nessim become very powdery, soft, white powder with a wonderfully saturated scent of orris (iris) and some other flowers, i can smell the most delicate rose in there and a little hint of jasmine. If you usually don´t like podery perfumes, i guess Shem-El-Nessim isn´t anything for you. But if you do, Shem-El-Nessim is a must try! Shem-El-Nessim joins my absolute favourite powdery perfumes with ease. Iris Poudre is a little warmer and softer, Kenzo amour Le Parfum is a little sharper and heavier, Lounges Profanes is a bit more daring and modern, but Shem-El-Nessim could be the most luxurious and elegant of them.


Just like the other scents from Grossmith, Shem-El-Nessim has extreme staying power and a huge sillage. The base is creamy, warm, powdery perfection, with a hint of heliotrope giving a weak, but lovely cherry note. I think the heliotrope also contribute to the disctinct scent of make-up in Shem-El-Nessim, there is hints of lipstick in Shem-El-Nessim.


As you guess, I am totally pro-Shem-El-Nessim and now I know what perfume to wear on my childrens wedding, or at least on the closest one. This is my first choise as a wedding perfume from now on.




Pic: Swedish Crown princess Victoria

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar