onsdag 20 april 2011

Brecourt - Contre Pouvoir






We´re having easter break now and finally the weather is a little better. Spring cleaning in the garden and the cowslips has buds, the early tulips is almost over blossomed and under our garden table (behind some pots) we manage to wake up a sleapy little hedgehog.


Lately I´ve tried the scents from Brecourt, and the two I come to like the most is both intended for men, even though i found them both to be perfect unisex scents. My favorites among the women fragrances, Haram and Ambre Noir has also obvious unisex qualities.


Contre Pouvoir that I´m about to review today is true piece of comfort. The opening is very powerful and strong with hints of lavender (not listed, but I still smlle it, even though only for a short while, strong cigarlike tobacco, spices, sweetness, warmth and a dash of darkness. In the opening, Contre Pouvoir, reminds a little of A*Men.


The oomf in the opning is soon mellowing to a softer mix of cardamom, wood and some tea with grapefruit underscoring it. The grapefruit note isn´t that noisy, just a litte freshness added to the wood and spices.


The wood smells sunwarmth, smoth, soft and like it has been impregnated with cardamom. This is an extremly pleasant and cozy combo. Within the woody spicy heart of the perfume you can sense freshness from grapefruit and nice aromatic tea. During this phase, Contre Pouvoir is a mostly blonde woody scent with soft spicy and gourmand features. Just like Mauvais Garcon, Contre Pouvoir is a fragrances that will be perfect to wrap around myself when autumn comes (even though I prefer not to think about autumn right now!).


Durin drydown Contre Pouvoir becomes much darker, blacker and more interesting. This is probably thnaks to licorice wood (!?) and vetiver. The base is more masculine then the opening and heart, yet not enough from stop me to wear it. The cardamom still hangs in there and also becomes darker eventually.


Contre Pouvoir is a must try for everyone liking cardamom in perfumes and also if you fancy A'Men and it´s flankers, Contre Pouvoir is a good and economic alternative.


The sillage is good and longevity is about medium (4-5 hours on me).


Among the other offerings from Brecorut I like as i said, Haram and Ambra Noir the best and they´re slightly similar to Mauvais Garcon and Contre Pouvoir in style, warm, spicy and oriental kind of fragrances. The rest of the line up is a little more un-even, but I belive Eau Blanche and Eau Trouble (with note of carrot) could be really pretty and interesting on the right person.


Coming up, something new from Parfumerie Generale and also presenting some news from José Eisenberg.



Pic: Beach wood, flickr.com

3 kommentarer:

  1. Be aware and very cautious with regards to Brecourt perfume company. You may end up paying 100's of Euros for nothing but stress and upset. 45 days ago I purchased some perfume from their online shop and the money was debited from my credit card instantly. But I never received the perfume, just as I never received any responses to the e-mails and faxes I sent. In absence of any response I called several times but I wasn't even given the chance to explain my grievances the shop managers simply took my details with a promise to contact me but this never happened. It was if they were simply humouring me with no intention of resolving my grievances.

    What kind of disgraceful behaviour is this, the company took my money without providing goods I purchased and on top of all that refused to resolve or even listen to any grievance I raised as a paying customer.�

    My recommendation to all is to stay away and not to purchase anything from this brand otherwise you will simply be throwing your money away and paying to be treated disgracefully.
    Name: Özlem Mutlucan
    e-mail: ozlemmutlucan@hotmail.com

    SvaraRadera
  2. Luxury packaging with 35 ml aromatic footprint in the world of perfumes. A distinctive composition of the roots of the natural oud.

    Oud Perfume

    SvaraRadera
  3. My spouse and I stumbled over here coming from a different web page and thought I should check things out. I like what I see so i am just following you. Look forward to looking into your web page again.
    black seed oil for hair loss

    SvaraRadera