måndag 7 juni 2010

Vacation!

Today is the first day off for my dear husband. Jippie! And why do I sit here and write then? Well, he´s still asleep and today he can sleep for as long as he wants.


The kids still got a week left in school, a little sad, but at the same time me and my husband get some kid free time.


Summer and sun can be a little difficult when it comes to perfumes. Often we´re talking about summer scents. Of course I wouldn´t wear Serge Lutens Borneo 1834 in the middle of the summer... or maybe that´s exactly what I should do? In Sweden we´re "lucky" enough to not have that hot summers. Perfumes that would work here, wouldn´t work that great in France or Greece during summer.


Some scents I´m sure I´ll use a lot of during summer: Missoni by Missoni, Scent Intense by Costume National, White Jasmine by Björk&Berries, Feu d'Issey Light (need more of it, there´s only few ml left), warm summer nights I will drench myself in ambers like Ambre Sultan and Ambra Nera. If it become really hot, Un Jardin sur le Nil, Aqua di Sale and Eau de Star would work just fine. Kenzo Jungle L'Elephant is a perfect summer night scent and I belive L de Lolita Lempicka also could be that.


Do you have the same kind of scents summer as winter? Or do you have some really loved summer scents that you use year after year? Maybe you have discover a new summer love just now? Is there any scent that you don´t think is suitable at all during summer, but that you so much look forward to start using again during autumn?


I´ll continue to write on the blog even though it is vacation time here, maybe not as often as usual though. Anyway, I wish all the readers of my blog a really nice, comfy, adventurous and all together very happy summer!

4 kommentarer:

  1. Have a great vacation! There's nothing like free time in the summer1 I spent a summer in Sweden once and had an absolutely marvelous time, so I'm jealous!

    As far as summer scents go, I don't really change things that much. I'm always trying new stuff anyway, no matter the season.

    SvaraRadera
  2. Annelie, I hope you have a wonderful vacation! Where I live, the only month in which there has never been any recorded snow is July! Summer temperatures, while they are usually pretty moderate, can vary from around-freezing to 35 C or so. So, when I change over my closets in the spring, I only put my heaviest sweaters and fragrances away. In the last week, I've worn everything from Eau de Rochas to Lonestar Memories.

    SvaraRadera
  3. La Bonne Vivante: Summer in Sweden are quite lively and vibrant, probably because we have such a cold climate, everyone is so happy for a little sun. :)

    SvaraRadera
  4. pitbull friend: Sounds like where I come from. But even here in mid-Sweden, the summer are usually quite cool, even though we usually have at least one heat period (In Sweden that is above 23-24 C) per summer.

    SvaraRadera