torsdag 4 november 2010

Frederic Malle - Geranium Pour Monsieur




I belive that almost everyone that´s trying Frederic Malle´s Geranium Pour Monsieur for the first time says "Toothpaste!" when they first sniff it. And yes, you are greated by a onvious minty note when you first put it on. But, when the toothpaste note has settled you will discover other sides of this fragrance, at least I do.

The man behind this scent is Dominique Ropion and I think he has succed to create something both fresh, clean and modern in an amazing way. Geranium Pour Monsieur becomes much more complex and interesting on me then what I´m used to find in other clean and fresh scents. Honestly, I find Geranium Pour Monsieur almost as complex and interesting as the lovely Dans Tes Bras.

Geranium Pour Monsieur makes me think about a serene, deep and stunningly beautiful underwater world. A world in complete silence, but with viewer impressions so fascinating and strange you could as well be in outer space. In my imagination I can also smell this unique surroundings. The cold minty note would be the ocean itself, because it´s a very wet and big kind of mint. The geranium is aromatic with some warm elements and for me it´s the smell of gorgeous milky half see through jellyfish with sher veils and all different kinds of strange shapes like flowers, clouds and living popcorn. If jellyfishes was flowers maybe they would smell like Geranium Pour Monsieur?

There is also some woody and spicy notes in Geranium Pour Monsieur, showing up from time to time. On me the mint note is very longlasting, but on my husband it´s only last for a short while. I belive Geranium Pour Monsieur is quite different on each and everyone, just like the wonderful Dans Tes Bras.

Geranium Pour Monsieur is also suitable for women. It has good sillage and great lasting power. I appreciate it a lot becasue of it´s unique and complex character, but it´s really not my type og scent. It´s possible I´ll take a spray now and then when I want to visit the strange underwater world, but just like Dans Tes Bras it´s a demanding scent that need a lot of attention. Something I´m not always in the mood for.

It´s also nice with a scent where geranium is geranium and not only a cheaper substitute for rose. A lot of people not liking geranium note in rose scents will probably get a different view of geranium if they try this fragrance. Geranium Pour Monsieur is a must try for everyone looking for different, unique and well made scents.




pic: backgroundbandit.com

2 kommentarer:

  1. I have the scent of geranium from my mother's front porch flower pots in my memory. Spicy green leaves and slightly rosy red petals. Now I'll have to go sniff this and see how they compare!

    SvaraRadera
  2. kjanicki: I hope you like it. It´s really special and unique.

    SvaraRadera