fredag 7 maj 2010

Eau d'Italie - Bois d'Ombrie


Just as with Sienne l'Hiver you´re transported to another place with Bois d'Ombrie.


Bois d'Ombrie takes me to a forest, maybe somewhere in Italy, but I think it smells wonderfully foresty like in a forest anywhere. Bois d'Ombrie has a lot in common with Sienne l'Hiver, but they are taking place in totally different surroundings. Also, Bois d'Ombrie takes you for a slow walk, rather than on adventure. The scents of Bois d'Ombrie is much more complex than just "woods", but it is a wordly wood I visit, I don´t expect to meet elfs, trolls or any other kind of fairytale creatures in this forest. Probably I´ll meet some kind of huskies like lumberjacks, hunters or charcoal kiln watchers...


Bois d'Ombrie is also an unisex, but leaning toward the masculin side. Despite that, I think of Bois d'Ombrie as a little easier to wear, but maybe Sienne l'Hiver is just a little more interesting and unique.


Bois d'Ombrie is softer, more friendly and also a little sweeter than Sienne l'Hiver. In the top note Bois d'Ombrie is strong and compact, I can smell some volatile notes of something boozy, but shortly after it is all about rustic leather and something that makes me think about the smells of the forest floor, you know like soil, resin, mossy and very aromatic. On my skin, this is the notes that dominates for a good while, but I can also smell some vetiver, iris and soemthing that to my nose smells almost like weak cinnamon.


The start of Bois d'Ombrie is heavy and strong, but manage to capture me very well. All the time I´m curious about what comes next. I become really happy when I discover small traces of something smoky, you see there is after all a charcoal kiln somewhere in the forest! When I detect the smoky note, the scent is going for a softer phase, I discover a nice, dry note of tobacco, it becomes sweeter, softer and really comfy. Very, very nice!


Bois d'Ombrie might have alittle more lasting power then Sienne l'Hiver, but the sillage is at the same leavel. On me, Bois d'Ombrie becomes a genuin woody, leather scent, but on my husband -this one also- becomes slightly better and more interesting. His skin chemistry seems to scrub of sharp corners of this kinds of scents. On me, Bois d'Ombris isn´t sensual or sexy, but on my husband it is... I wouldn´t mind watching the charcoal kiln together with him...


Like with Sienne l'Hiver I recommend Bois d'Ombrie to everyone that is interesting in well made and unique kind of scents, especially to men. It is really nice and exciting.


Why I´m keep nagging about charcoal kilns is that my grand father used to make charcoal kilns when I was small, it is long time ago (70'ies), but even then they where very uncommon. I think the art of making charcoal kilns (in Sweden) died with my grand fathers generation (even though it´s probably possible to take a course in charcoal kiln making, but it isn´t really the same). Therefore it is no wonder I like a scent where I can imagine I sense the smoke from a charcoal kiln...





Pic: Tre nycklar

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar